Charming Rental Home For Dartmouth
Graduation & Reunions, June 2018
June in Hanover is a busy time for undergraduates and alumni alike. Graduation for the Class of 2018 is Sunday, June 10th and pre-grad activities begin days earlier. Following graduation, it’s reunion season! From Thursday, June 14th to Sunday, June 17th, Dartmouth will host reunions for the Classes of 1982, 1983, 1984, 1988, 1993, 1997, 1998, 1999 and 2013.
Anyone still looking for a lovely rental home for graduation or reunions that is close to campus is in luck. This lovely home in Norwich recently came onto the Alumni Escapes platform. Just two miles from campus (and walking distance from Dan & Whits), the house features four bedrooms and sleeps up to 10 guests. The price is $900/night. We are offering the third night at 50% off during graduation and reunion weekends. Click to view home.
Choose From Three Lovely Homes For Spring/Summer Adventures At Dartmouth
All three of our Hanover-area homes are available for select periods during the spring and summer. For families visiting their Dartmouth students during Sophomore Summer, renting a home may be preferable to a hotel if you enjoy cooking family meals and entertaining outdoors. Click to view homes.
Fabulous New Jersey Beach Home
This stunning, beachfront home features 5 bedrooms/3.5 baths and is the perfect summer getaway for a big family or a group of friends. Located on a private drive on the South End of North Beach, it has a large front deck overlooking the beach and breakers— ideal for outdoor dining. This pristine beach has limited public access so it’s just you and the neighbors enjoying the sand between your toes and the sound of the surf. Sleeps up to 14. Available between June 1 and June 22nd; July 13th to July 27th; August 31st to Sept 7th. Weekly Rates: $7k in June; $12k in July; $9k in August. Minimum stay of three nights in June and August. Minimum of one week in July. MORE
New Properties Coming Soon
Alumni Escapes will be welcoming two homes in San Francisco, another beach house in New Jersey and a home near Stanford University to our site soon. Anyone looking for last-minute housing for Stanford’s graduation in June should contact us now.
Looking Ahead To Fall
Fall Foliage Tours:
Alums who are leaf peepers and planning to travel with friends or family will find our Hanover/Norwich rental options to be very close to the “action.”
Book Your Rental Home For Fall Reunions:
Dartmouth Medical School/Geisel School reunions: Friday, September 21 – Sunday, September 23rd: Dartmouth will host reunions for the following classes: 1953, 1958, 1963, 1968, 1973, 1973-74, 1978, 1988, 1993, 1998, 2003, 2008, and 2013.
Tuck Reunions: Friday, October 5th to Sunday, October 7th. Tuck welcomes back to campus the following classes: ’58, ’68, ’73, ’78, ’83, ’88, ’93, ’98, ’03, ’08, ‘13
All In The Dartmouth Family
All homes on the Alumni Escapes website are owned by Dartmouth alums. And all homeowners will make a minimum gift of 10% of their rental income to the college—though many will give more! Whether you list your home or rent with us, you will be benefitting our alma mater and the terrific students who attend Dartmouth today.
A New Way To Vacation,
A New Way To Support Dartmouth
A few years ago, Kim Young ’81 and her husband John Moragne ’79 built their dream ski house in Sun Valley, Idaho. Still entrenched in their life in California, they knew the house would sit empty most of the time. Kim suggested that, when not in Idaho, they rent their home to fellow Dartmouth alums and give a portion of the income to the College. Then she got to wondering… Are there other alums with underused vacation homes who might want to participate in a Dartmouth-only vacation rental network?
Last year, she started reaching out to friends from Dartmouth and learned that folks both with and without second homes loved the idea of renting “escapes” within a trusted affinity group. Kim teamed up with Scott Simmons ’82, who has deep experience in the vacation-rental industry. Now, they are building inventory for the Alumni Escapes platform — which offers home rentals and exchanges — and starting to book vacations.
If you’re interested in listing your home with Alumni Escapes, or in booking a vacation, please go to www.alumniescapes.com. Keep checking back for new destinations as our inventory grows.
Top 5 Reasons for Dartmouth Alums with Vacation Homes to List with Alumni Escapes
1) Put your home in good, green hands. When you list with Alumni Escapes, the only renters to enjoy your home will be members of the Dartmouth community. It’s a wonderful alternative to turning over your keys to random (and sometimes reckless) renters who don’t feel a connection to you or your property.
2) Earn strong rental income. With deep, vacation-industry knowledge, we can help you price your home to earn good rental income. And when you list with us, you’ll pay no advertising fee. You only pay a transaction fee once your home has been rented.
3) Generate a gift for the college without drawing from savings. In the past, when you’ve made a donation to Dartmouth, you’ve likely had to draw from savings or securities. Now, your vacation home can help you generate a gift for Dartmouth, Tuck, Thayer or Geisel. A minimum of 15% of your rental income will go to the program of your choice.
4) No cost to join our platform: Unlike other vacation-rental platforms that have initiation fees, advertising costs or membership dues, Alumni Escapes charges nothing to list your home on our site. And we have no exclusivity rule; you are free to list with other rental platforms.
5) Expand your Dartmouth network: When you list with Alumni Escapes, you can choose to be anonymous and let us handle your transaction. Or, you can opt to share your name with renters who are fellow alums. Dartmouth folks have a long history of connecting with fellow alums, resulting in business synergies, shared passions and lasting friendships.
Meet The Founders
Kimberly Young, Class of ’81
Founder, Alumni Escapes
Before launching Alumni Escapes, Kim was a marketing consultant specializing in corporate branding and content development for print media and websites…
Scott Simmons, Class of ’82
Co-founder, Alumni Escapes
Scott has spent close to 20 years in luxury travel as a senior executive and principal with both leading brands and early stage companies…